This local Medical Centre is looking to hire a Reception/Administration apprentice to join their team. In this role, you will have a variety of duties, with the main goal being to support patients with their enquiries in a professional way. Alongside your role, you will study towards the Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship.
Total hours per week: 37.50, Monday to Friday 10.30am – 6.30pm
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Pulling/filing notes for surgeries and update as necessary
- Filing post in medical records
- Fax and photocopy as requested
- Receiving patients consulting with members of Practice team
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address
- Print off Prescriptions/Repeats/Acute
- Be able to cover all reception position as necessary
- Computer Literate via Emis PCS Clinical System deal with tasks/appointments setup/alerts/patients medical records/QoF related work
- Process appointment requests for future appointments from patients by telephone and in person
- Deal with visits requests
- Registrations of new patients – computer data entry and medical records
- Process patients change of address – computer data and medical records (have knowledge of Practice area
- Process repeat prescription request in accordance with Practice guidelines
- Have working knowledge of telephone/bleep system, during and after hours
- Cover for telephonist when necessary
- Clear rooms after surgeries
- Ensure building security – have thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarm
- Make tea/coffee for doctors
- Any other tasks allocated by practice manager
- Alongside your duties you will also study towards the level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard qualification.
Requirements and prospects
- Desired skills
- I.T Literate
- Effective communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Personal qualities
- A team player
You will be expected to have achieved 5 GCSEs at grades 4 – 9 / A* - C including maths and English.
Permanent job after apprenticeship for the right candidate.
About the employer
This local Medical Centre is an NHS GP Surgery, with a patient list of 6,800 people. They provide NHS services and are based in the M40 area of Manchester.
THE APPRENTICE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Apprentice Academy
- Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if not already achieved)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Training provided by the employer and off-site with The Apprentice Academy
Level 3 (A level)
For more information or the details to apply for this apprenticeship, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please put Reception/Administration Apprentice as the subject heading).