No. 93 Café and Food Hub Volunteer Role Profile
Healthy Me Healthy Communities is a vibrant and innovative social enterprise co-producing health and well-being services that empower, educate and inspire for a healthier, happier and longer life.
The No 93 Café and Food Hub is a welcoming space in the heart of Harpurhey where you can relax with a brew, start with breakfast or enjoy a great value lunch of the day. It is also home to one of the HMHC Community Grocers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a friendly and outgoing volunteer to join our welcoming and inclusive team at the No 93 Café and Food Hub.
About the role
The No. 93 Cafe Volunteer role is a vital role as it ensures the Greater Manchester Mental Health (NHS) community café at No. 93 Church Lane at Harpurhey runs smoothly and that customers are greeted with a warm and friendly welcome.
The main aim of the role is to ensure that customers have a positive and safe experience when eating with us. The community café offers an inclusive and friendly place for centre users and the general public, serving affordable food and drink.
Tasks involve making drinks, taking orders, working a till (training provided for this), helping with food preparation, and general housekeeping duties. Full training will be given. Additional food qualifications will be available.
The café opens 10am – 3pm Monday – Friday and volunteer hours are flexible but are generally 10am – 1pm or 12 – 3pm.
The role will suit someone who has good interpersonal skills, enjoys chatting with people, is a good listener and enjoys working in a team.
HMHC strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and celebrates diversity. We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic backgrounds LGBTQIA and from socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
Where and when?
No 93 Church Lane, Harpurhey, Manchester, M9 5BG
A range of shift patterns are available Monday – Friday from 10am-1pm and 12-3pm.
We are looking for someone who…
- Has a good understanding of some of the issues our customers face and might be experiencing, including those specific to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Has good communication skills
- Is willing to work as a team member
- Is empathic, friendly and a good listener
- Can establish and maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- Adheres to all HMHC and NHS policies regarding health, safety, safeguarding, data protection, equality, diversity and equal opportunities
We can offer you…
- An opportunity to make a positive difference to the communities in and around Harpurhey through sharing your ideas, local knowledge, skills, and lived experience.
- Full training will be provided to enable you to feel confident in your role and to have access to all the information you need to support our customers in the most effective way.
Supervision and support
We aim to ensure you have a positive volunteering experience with the community café. You will receive support and supervision from the Café and Kitchen Supervisor.
For more information, please contact Sally on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07305325369.