Applicants must be of freelance work status. Proof of necessary insurance to deliver the work will be required. A 6 month contract of agreement for services will be put in place, as agreed by both parties.
The Children's Disability Trust is a registered Charity helping children and young people living with a disability (and their families) to access the right support they need.
We are looking for a responsible full time 6 month fixed term freelance Office Administrator to organise our charity’s day-to-day operations. Your job will be to provide clerical support to our small team; manager, workers and Trustees to coordinate all daily administrative activities. You will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the team has adequate support to work efficiently.
The Office Administrator should be highly organised and able to multitask with ease. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritising and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy.
The Office Administrator’s main tasks include managing office equipment, booking meetings and events, arranging travel and distributing mail. Our ideal candidate has experience as an office administrator or relevant administrative role. You should also be familiar with office software (e.g. Microsoft Office), including word processors, spreadsheets and presentations. Ultimately, the successful Office Administrator should be able to ensure our office procedures run smoothly.
Person specification, Essential Skills, Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar Administrative/Office Management role, or equivalent experience in a role with evidence of transferable skills.
- NVQ Level 3, professional qualification or degree/diploma in a relevant field. Diploma level and word processing/text processing qualifications/equivalent; additional qualifications as an Office Administrator or Secretary are welcomed.
- Ability to manage a varied and busy workload.
- Confidence in dealing with a variety of telephone calls.
- Excellent organisational skills and time management.
- Demonstrated aptitude to effectively work with people with a broad range of differences including their ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds, their gender, age, religious belief, disability and sexual orientation.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail whilst multi-tasking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage projects day to day, with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of the charity sector.
- Proven experience of using database systems.
- Working within an organisation that deals with sensitive and confidential
- Proven experience of overseeing administrative systems.
- Experience of IT hardware and cloud-based systems.
- Experience of developing systems and processes.
- Experience with office management tools (Microsoft Office software, in particular).
- Problem-solving attitude with an eye for detail.
- Current Safeguarding Level 1 certificate.
For the details of how to apply please email your CV to email@example.com