Level 1 Certificate in Health and Social Care And Children and Young People’s Settings, this is designed for people who haven’t got any experience in the care sector but want to start working in it. The course covers a range of topic’s including:
- Introduction to the prevention and control of infection.
- Introduction to mental health awareness.
- Communication in children’s services and adult social care settings.
- Equality and Diversity.
Because the course is funded we need to make sure each learner is:
- 19 years old or over.
- Unemployed and claiming benefits (Job Seekers, ESA or Universal Credit)
- Hasn’t completed a level 1 or higher health and social care course in the past.
The next course will be based in The Pendulum Hotel, Sackville Street, Manchester M1 3BB.
There is an induction session on 2 June and the first course will start on 8 June. It will be every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for 4 weeks. After that there next dates are on 6 July and 3 August.