Plasterers mate - Work Experience Placement
Now available a variety of work placements.
All participants will be provided with health & safety training in respect of COVID prior to starting their placement on site and will be expected to comply with government guidelines.
Travel expenses covered up to a maximum of £5 per day.
The main role of a plasterer is to paste layers of plaster onto walls, floors and ceilings. Plastering serves a protective function, in that it makes buildings more robust, and an aesthetic function. Plasterers work on a number of different buildings, including new housing developments, offices and houses (redecorations or extensions). They repair or restore existing plasterwork and plaster newly erected walls.
Ideally, the candidate with have some plastering qualifications.
All appropriate PPE will be provided by the placement host.
- CSCS is not a requirement to start the placement, but if needed you would be supported to gain your CSCS card during the placement
- To have your own steel toe cap boots we can supply these if you don’t have any)
- Participant will be provided with health & safety training in respect of COVID prior to starting their placement on site and will be expected to comply with government guidelines.
- Work as part of a team
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Has good timekeeping
- Able to use your own initiative and be proactive
- Happy to work outside in all weathers
- Is keen to work in construction
For more information or to request details of how to apply please email your CV to YesInfo@yesmanchester.co.uk (please put Plasterers Mate in the subject box).