A local construction contractor is currently offering flexible work placements, to north Manchester residents, that would like to try their hand at working in resident liaison roles, for a range of ongoing developments in and around the M40 postcode area.
Various length placements are available, lasting from one to four weeks, and you can read the full job description below.
For more information and details of how to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Resident Liaison Officer
PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide consultation and support to tenants / residents prior to, during and after the works to their homes, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
SCOPE OF JOB
To provide resident liaison services on specified site(s) throughout Greater Manchester and Lancashire.
HOURS OF WORK
Site opening hours are from 8.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.00am to 3.30pm on Fridays. Staff receive half hour for lunch.
KEY AREAS AND TASKS
- Providing consultation to tenants prior to work commencing in their properties.
- Carry out choice events/individual consultation with tenants regarding future work, and coordinate tenant’s choices as appropriate to scheme.
- Generate and distribute relevant pre-works correspondence to residents before the works begin, including introduction letters; Getting to Know You letters; intro leaflets; 14 day notices; 7 day notices; 48/24 hour notice.
- Carry out tenant inductions and pre-works/“getting to know you” surveys prior to work commencing in homes and pass relevant information to site management teams.
- Record and monitor no access, reporting three times no access to client.
- Record and monitor refusals. Ensure relevant forms completed and reported to client.
- Agree appropriate liaison and future access arrangements with residents.
- Provide and organise support needs; packing boxes; storage; respite and care needs and other facilities as required and agreed.
- Develop data base of appropriate community stakeholders, i.e. Tenants and Residents Associations, police, local shops, schools and businesses etc.
- Organise and facilitate and attend Open Day / scheme launch event.
- Providing on-going support, consultation and provision of information to tenants whilst work is carried out on their properties.
- Maintain and distribute routine correspondence during the works as required by the client / scheme.
- During the works on properties, visit tenants homes (target at least daily). Ensure site team have laid dust sheets and protected belongings accordingly. Address any customer issues arising from works.
- Maintain access to properties as required by site management to allow effective working.
- Register resident issues and complaints on Issues Log and monitor sheet and resolve as per company procedures.
- Ensure the site teams are briefed and updated regarding any relevant resident requirements and circumstances.
- Develop and maintain ‘house files’ for all properties affected by the works, ensuring all correspondence to and from residents is recorded.
- Liaise and work in conjunction with the client liaison representative(s).
- Liaise and maintain relationships with relevant local community stakeholders.
- Ensuring all communication and liaison activities are carried out to the satisfaction of all stakeholders
- Where appropriate to the scheme, ensure resident surveys are issued and returned. Target response rate is 85%.
- Record satisfaction data on monitor sheet.
- Maintain no access, issues, refusal, satisfaction, progress monitor sheet and submit to Partnerships Manager at the end of each month.
- Provide information and reports as required by site manager and support staff.
- Attend site meetings as required.
- Attend client and resident meetings where appropriate.
- Identify and report to Site Manager and Partnerships Manager any community initiatives, good news stories or PR opportunities.
- Attend client and resident events as requested.
- Carry out responsibilities with clear regard to Emanuel Whittaker’s Equality and Dignity at Work, Health and Safety, and other relevant employee focused policies and procedures.
- Assist in any other relevant tasks as identified by line manager/department.