Have you completed a HNC or degree in construction, built environment, civil engineering or quantity surveying and you may be interested in a full time paid placement for up to 30 weeks?
If that's the case - Murraywood Construction Limited are looking to offer a work experience placement to a Construction Industry Student from the Manchester area and get involved with a unique project within the Manchester City Centre.
They will ideally be in the 2nd year of a Construction related course and have a very good knowledge of Navisworks/Revit.
They will be working alongside our QA Manager assisting with the admin side her role on the whole site on a day to day basis, creating Test and Inspection Plans and assisting with Technical Submissions for Client.
Typical duties will include :
- Maintaining Quality Control Procedures
- Assisting in production of Test & Inspection Plan
- Assisting in production of Technical Submissions, using Navisworks/Revit to produce sketches within the reports.
- Carrying out quality inspections on site, completing reports and taking photographs were required
- Assisting Senior Engineer with quality assurance and the production of as-built drawings to submit to the client when required
- Reviewing specifications/heritage requirements and ensuring compliance
All appropriate PPE will be provided by the placement host.
- To have a CSCS card (we can support with this if you don’t have one)
- To have your own steel toe cap boots we can supply these if you don’t have any)
- Participant will be provided with health & safety training in respect of COVID prior to starting their placement on site and will be expected to comply with government guidelines
- Work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Has good timekeeping
- Able to use your own initiative and be proactive
- Have a passion for the construction industry
Planned start date: September / October 2020
Planned end date: 26 – 30 weeks in duration