Manchester City Council are looking for flexible, hard working individuals, (two posts), to join their exciting team. You will be people focused, customer driven and committed to providing an excellent service. You will need to have the ability to effectively manage and plan own time to ensure that they can take a proactive approach whilst also dealing with reactive issues.You will be required to drive a Manchester City Council vehicle to visit various sites, and will therefore hold a full clean driving license.
This post is also subject to the Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure, due to various work locations.
You will contribute towards the goals of the team through the provision of high quality and responsive facilities management.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Carrying out safety inspections and reporting defects to ensure safe working environments
- Managing orders for maintenance and repair works in line with procedure, budgets and timescales
- Deal efficiently with all internal and external customer correspondence
- Undertaking the management of resources, including the direct line management of a team
Multiple applications, systems and associated software packages will be used daily, therefore basic ICT skills are essential. You must be available to work shift patterns within our core hours of 06:00 and 18:00. This post also includes occasional evenings and weekends.
The Facilities Management team is part of the Corporate Estates team and is responsible for buildings citywide. We are committed to providing excellent service and surpass building users expectations by ensuring environments are:
- Clean and hygienic
- Comfortable with appropriate heating and lighting
- Fit for purpose and compliant
- Safe and secure
Work Location: Hooper Street Depot/Town Hall Extension
For more information on how to apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us by telephone 0161 720 4090