The ITS Operations function is accountable for the delivery of all internal technology infrastructure – including Email, Skype, File Services as well as platforms underpinning SAP, Enterprise (IT) Security Services across both the UK and Swiss firms. It also provides technology that supports the service lines in delivering client facing or client engagements as part of its Client IT services.
The Infrastructure Security Operations Senior Engineer is responsible for maintaining infrastructure security services for Deloitte UK, Switzerland and Gibraltar. This includes working with security vendors which are external and internal, such as Deloitte Global Technology Services (GTS), who supply a number of services that we consume. The Infrastructure Security Senior Engineer remit encompasses core security services such as internal and external Firewalls, Firewall Proxy, Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) and Secure File Sharing platforms.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Security Operations Manager, you will be expected to provide subject matter knowledge and guidance as a senior member of the team, demonstrating due care and attention while managing our service.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a busy and passionate team. striving to keep the business working safely and securely.
- Exploring ways of improving processes and procedure to support our infrastructure
- Assisting with Security technologies roadmap development in conjunction with CISO function, Deloitte Business Security and ITS Architecture team
- Work alongside the other security departments, to constantly review and where possible, harden, our systems
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Leading project workstream deliverables
- SME for multiple services
- Process improvement tracking and continual service improvement management
- Provide 3rd line troubleshooting
- Engage with 3rd party technical support vendors and maintain relationships
- Manage and monitor performance of services we consume from our suppliers
- Contribute to the creation of technical working documents and procedures
- Share knowledge of new solutions with UK and Swiss Security Operations teams
- Assist with client audits / MF Standards / ISO compliance and evidence gathering
- Regularly and efficiently handle the requests and incidents which enter out ticketing system
- Able to work as part of a geographically separated team.
- Provide out of hours support on a rotation basis, of our security systems, 24/7 (additional payment)
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Any UK region with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full time
Your professional experience
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal
- Certified with a network qualification e.g. CCNA
- Certified in core technologies such as Microsoft e.g. MCSA
- Solid experience in a Security Infrastructure role or similar
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Infrastructure Security services, Cyber-attacks and Information Security
- Diplomatic and persuasive with an ability to handle difficult conversations and confidently manage stakeholders
- Strong vendor management experience
- A strong track record of delivering continual service improvement
- Be able to communicate effectively, technical issues with technical and non-technical audience
- A solid understanding of the ITIL framework
- Experience recording and maintaining incident & requests within a ticketing system
- Obtained an industry certification e.g. CISSP, GIAC, CISM
- All round experience of infrastructure areas, not just security focused
- Previous management or governance of firewalls
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
For more information or to apply for this role, please email your CV to: email@example.com